In the first years, your baby's body develops very quickly. Therefore the presence of an undiagnosed and therefore untreated genetic disease can have serious consequences for the health of your child. With the Baby Sensor you take the necessary precautions!
Ensure the best health of your child
Many people are carriers of genetic diseases that may cause no symptoms, but can be inherited by their children. The Baby Sensor tests your toddler for more than 110 genetic disorders, and, if necessary, allows you to initiate timely treatment. Severe consequences, such as physical and mental disabilities can be prevented in many cases.
This test focuses on diseases that occur in the very young age of 0-5 years. Other genetic analyses from our product range, focusing on diseases that occur in adulthood, are not covered by this test.
The following diseases and complications can be determined using the Baby Sensor, allowing for their timely treatment or prevention.
- Slowed development
- Brain damage with increasing age
- Abnormalities of the immune system
- Physical impairment
- Mental retardation
- Chronic skin diseases
- Slow weight gain
- Speech disabilities
- Pigmentation of the skin
- Poor food intake
- Lack of energy
- Learning problems
- Hyperactivity and aggression
- And many more ...
The signs of the relevant diseases are detected based on the abnormal metabolites in urine. The urine sample can be easily taken using a filter paper and then sent to our laboratory by mail. The sample is evaluated in our laboratory by gas chromatography and mass spectrometry. This method detects any abnormalities in the composition of the urine, which can make statements about the presence of a congenital genetic disease. If these diseases are detected early enough, medical therapies can begin immediately, thus preventing the development and progression of the disease, or significantly improve the patient condition.
- Diagnosis of 110+ congenital metabolic diseases
- Timely preventive or treatment options of the disease
- Potential prevention of retarded development and/or disability
- Analysis of 250 metabolites in urine
- Analysis with the next generation of neonatal screening technology (GC/MS)
- A comprehensive analysis report
- If necessary, scientific and medical support for the attending pediatrician